Sunday, July 24, 2011

My deal at Red Racks

I hate so say this, but I am obsessed with sales and deals. It sometime is sad how excited I get when I find a really good sale. I love the name brand stuff like Old navy, Children's Place, Gap, and more. They always have good sales there, like 50% off and $3.99 and under at the Childrens Place and Old Navy. But I always wonder if thats always the best deal. Recently, a friend of mine told me about Red Racks which is operated by the Disabled American Veterans. Every Sunday, they have a bunch of selected items for 25 cents. Yes, you heard me, just a quarter for several items. Now, when you hear about thrift stores, you automatically think, "Ugh, of course its gonna only be a quarter. Its a thrift store. They never have anything good there." WRONG. Red Racks isn't any ordinary thrift store. They sort through each item to make sure its in good shape and then tag it/price it. So, now that you know a little bit about Red Racks.

I forgot my camera so I didn't have a chance to take any pictures when I got there. When I got there at a little after 9 a.m., there was already a crowd waiting to get in. I finally made my way in when they opened at 10 after standing in the heat for 30 minutes. Next time I will remember to bring a bottle of water lol. When I walked it, everything was so clean and organized, unlike any other thrift stores I have seen in the past. I walked around for a few minutes, and then made my way to the childrens section (of course lol). Each item has a different colored tag and this week the orange tags were 25 cents and the white tags were half off. Of course, me being the frugal nut I am, I looked for the clothes with the orange tags and not anything else. It was so much fun. It was like a little treasure hunt. After all said and done, I only spent about $3 for everything in the picture below. I am already planing for my next trip next week. What is the best deal that you have gotten lately?

(Pictures will be up when I get home from work)

No comments:

Post a Comment